Tour the BOB
Sailing Vessel BOB is a wing-keeled 1993 Catalina/Morgan 50 which started its sailboat charter career in the British Virgin Islands out of Tortola. In 1999 the boat underwent a complete factory refurbishment for Alaskan cruising before being re-launched on the West Coast. In 2016-17, the boat was overhauled again with a new engine, rigging, sails, electronics, toilets, etc.
The most common comment we hear is about how roomy and light the boat is. BOB is perfectly built for a group of six with lots of headroom and a remarkable enclosed cockpit we jokingly call the solarium with 360 degree views in all weather.
The BOB has all equipment needed for the safe and comfortable operation of a sailboat in northern waters. We take great pride that Sailboat BOB meets or exceeds all U.S. Coast Guard safety, licensing and permitting requirements.
- Accommodates 6 passengers in three roomy, double guest cabins. Each cabin has a private head and shower.
- Comfortable main salon with electronic music device (bring your own tunes!), library and game selection.
- Spacious cockpit is fully enclosed from the elements for weatherproof sailing, dining and lounging.
- We have lots of room on deck for fishing, watching wildlife or just enjoying the spectacular Alaskan scenery.
- Inflatable dinghy and kayaks are readily available for shore excursions and exploration.
Take a look at THE BOB in action!
Adventure in Comfort – Sail Alaska with Sound Sailing
Watch “The Meaning of the Wild”, a gorgeous documentary on the Tongass Wilderness featuring Sailboat BOB, here.
Learn about the use of the sextant for navigating on American Adventure Survival Science with Brian McComb featuring Sailboat BOB.